Sunday, February 4, 2007

Soda : The Man's Addiction

When was the last time you heard your Wife, Girlfriend, Aunt, Mother, Grandma, Sister or even a friend that is a girl say "I need some chocolate"? If they are sitting next to you reading aloud you probably just heard it. It's just a fact. Girls like chocolate. It is widely accepted. It is also known that when a girl needs chocolate you don't argue. Why don't you argue? Because usually by the time they voice their need for chocolate, they are so far in to what I like to call "The PMS Chocolate Feeding Frenzy", that if you argue they will bitch slap you into next month. By then they will be PMSing again. So don't argue. I think it is fair to say that chocolate is the woman's addiction. So what is the mans addiction? Soda. But I have recently found many of the women in my life have been saying "you drink to much soda." The impulsive comeback would be "well you eat to much chocolate." But because I fear the bitch slap into march 4th i just say "sorry." I do drink a lot of soda. At the moment I have 10 fountain drink cups sitting around the apartment. That is not including the empty 2 liter bottle and all the soda containers in the garbage can. But why shouldn't I be able to have my addiction. Am I not free to consume something that will add a little weight to my hips. Well it is time this came to an end. I am making a statement here and now "Men are allowed to drink soda and we will not be reprimanded. Just like the opposite sex will not be reprimanded for their chocolate consumption." If you read the can (click picture to enlarge) you will find that Dr. Pepper was invented by Dr. Charles T. Pepper. That's right a Doctor. So if you ladies try to reprimand us, remember it's just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

papa said...

Good stuff, I don't know about the "bitch slap" stuff though. I always knew you would find a justification for all the D.P. consumption.
Papa