Monday, February 19, 2007

Batteries Not included

Batteries Not included. It is a common phrase heard when buying electronic devices. But what else isn't included? I went to Wal-Mart and bought a printer for my computer. Listed on the side were the contents of the box. It said Printer, one tri color ink cartridge, HP software , instruction manual, and power cord. I take it home and I open the box. I see a printer..... Nothing else. So by now it is three in the morning. I decide that I am going to go exchange it despite the time. I get to Wal-Mart and I am met by the greeter. He politely gave me my little pink sticker and I proceeded to the return counter. I get there and lucky me, at 3 in the morning, there was no line. I hand my product to the man working the return counter. He asked why I was returning it? I said on the box there was a list of contents and nothing was inside except the printer. He said ok. He looked in the box and then looked at me and said we can't take a product back unless all the parts that were in the box at the time of purchase are here. I said don't you understand? That is the reason that I am bringing it back. All the items that were promised to me on the box were not there at the time of purchase. He still didn't understand. After talking with him for about 3 minutes he finally got it through his head that I didn't get everything and that was the reason I was exchanging it. I went and got a new printer and then went on my way. I came home and hooked it up and now it works great. As I was throwing the box out I looked down and saw a disclaimer on the box. It said "Everything that makes the product cool, worthwhile or otherwise functional not included but the batteries are our gift to you." I guess the batteries were included.

No comments: